Monday, December 10, 2012

What have you lost?

It has been a long time since I have been on here to post a new blog. I apologize if by chance you do happen to follow me. I am just as bad with my Twitter account. I need to get better about it.
Last week, I found myself in a bit of a funk and as usual cried most of the evening on Thursday after work. I was having worse symptoms than usual and everything seemed to overwhelm me. I made a mistake leaving a message for my new nurse about the fact my drug would be in on the 11th...I paused and lost all train of thought. I regained it and left my number. I called Jeff to say I had ordered it and needed some support. He said it is ok, don't worry everyone does it. In a sad, tearful tone I said it...Something I have never said to him, myself or even my closest friends. I said "you have no idea what I have lost". I was not meaning it mean just a statement that seemed to echo my feelings. You see no one ever knows what the person who they may run into on the street has lost or that of even our closest friends. I see the same faces everyday in my life and none of them know my experience and what I have lost not to MS but in general. Life is just that way. One person really thinks they have lost so much but then when they look at another person may have lost way more. My point is don't get all down in mulley graws...Yes, I said mulley graws..Just get back up and figure out a way and get through it, move on or whatever you need to do. Because, there is probably another person out there who has it way worse and you may encounter them today. If you do, then by all means pay it forward or simply listen and give that comforting smile or tone in your voice. You just may change a life and it just may be your life that changes.
Live on, Grieve if you have to but you must keep going. No one is going to take that journey for you and never ever give up.

No comments: